Music in the Mountains
Take a seat under the stars at the Big Bear Discovery Center Amphitheater and enjoy the best in country, classic and contemporary rock, 7,000 feet above Southern California!
A ticket to a Music in the Mountains concert does more than get you into a great show, it helps to protect your public lands. Proceeds support the Southern California Mountains Foundation and its powerful conservation, recreation, and education programs: The Big Bear Discovery Center, National Children’s Forest, The Urban Conservation Corps of the Inland Empire, Fire Lookout Hosts, Off-Highway Vehicle, and Adopt-a-Trail.
Each concert season is packed with shows featuring your favorite tribute headliners, and exciting opening bands. This beautiful venue has everything to keep you rockin’, including great food menus and expanded bar service.
Music in the Mountains 2024 – 17th Anniversary Schedule:
July 6, 20 August 3, 17, 31
Check back in March for the line up to be announced. Tickets go on sale Spring 2024.
Send us a note if you are interested in sponsoring or volunteering for our 2024 events.
2023 Music in the Mountains Sponsor
Tickets are non-refundable; events are rain or shine; as long as safe for the bands and guests. Southern California Mountains Foundation reserves the right to cancel the concert in the event of weather, wildfire, or other acts that create an unsafe event.
Note: Bands and dates are subject to change.
We’re Healing Our Forest With Music!
Through your ticket, concession, and membership sales, YOU helped raise thousands of dollars over the past 16 seasons for the non-profit Southern California Mountains Foundation. YOU helped educate thousands of visitors on how to recreate more responsibly and to be better caretakers of our public lands today and for generations to come.
- Parking opens at 5:00 pm and ticket gates open at 5:30 pm; the concert begins at 6:30 pm
- Free parking will be available in the Meadows Edge trailhead parking lot; located ¼ mile west of the Discovery Center entrance; signage will direct you to Meadows Edge; a free shuttle will run from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
- All tickets will be scanned at the gate; please print or have your e-ticket on your smartphone
- General admission guests must bring their own chairs for seating in open areas (low profile chairs not recommended)
- Youth 12 and under are admitted FREE
- Music-loving, well-behaved dogs on leash are welcome and admitted FREE
- No outside beverages are allowed except sealed bottled water; all coolers, backpacks, and handbags will be searched at the entrance gate.
SCMF Membership has benefits: (Receive early entry 12pm – 3pm to reserve your seats)
- Southern California Mountains Foundation Members will have early seat reservation access from 12pm to 3pm.
- You can become a Southern California Mountains Foundation Member for $20 if you purchase with your MITM tickets
- You can also become a member on-site on concert dates between 12pm-3pm for $20, with your proof of ticket purchase.
Premium Seat Guests: (see below for General Admission guest info)
- Please enter the Premium seat ticket line for quicker access at the gate.
- You will be wristbanded to enter the bench seating area; please show to usher staff for access.
- Bench seating is unassigned and will be available on a first-come basis.
- Please plan to arrive early to obtain the best seating locations, seating is first-come, first-served basis.
- Please NOTE: The Premium (bench) seating area offers down front and up close seats in the “dance zone”; these are the first 3 rows across all three sections; views to stage may be partially blocked. It also offers more elevated seats across the 3 sections.
- Wheelchair guests will be directed to a wheelchair-accessible area on the north side of the bench seats.
General Admission Guests:
- Seating for general admission guests will be in the open areas only and on a first-come, first-served basis. Bring your own chairs or blankets.
- Designated seating will be available for wheelchair guests; please plan to arrive early for volunteer usher assistance.
- Premium Parking in the Big Bear Discovery Center lot is sold separately and available for purchase on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please show your printed or e-ticket on your smartphone to the parking staff at the gate entrance.
- Free parking will be available in the Meadows Edge trailhead parking lot; located ¼ mile west of the Discovery Center entrance; signage will direct you to Meadows Edge; a free shuttle will run from 5:00pm to 10:00pm.
- Available to the first 6 cars at the Discovery Center at no charge who have a state-approved placard or license plate on the vehicle. Additional handicap parking will be available for a charge and first-come basis subject to availability.
- Note: to guarantee parking, please consider purchasing a parking pass while supplies last; we anticipate parking to be sold out in advance of all events.
Food & Beverages:
- Food & beverages will be available for sale on-site.
- Bar service featuring beer, wine, and cocktails will be open 5:30pm – 9pm.
- Or, bring your own food to picnic under the stars.
- No outside beverages are allowed except sealed bottled water.
- All coolers, backpacks and handbags are subject to search. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- All credit cards are accepted, except American Express.
- Music in the Mountains specific coupons will be accepted inside the venue. Coupon booklets are available for pre purchase and at the entrance to the event and are accepted for the entire 2024 season.